Content breakdown by data type
|Book, Book Section, Booklet||1045|
|Legal (Act, Gazette, Policy)||213|
|Research Discussion Paper||75|
Types of information available through the EIS
The EIS incorporates a wide range of data types including:
- Sensitivity data: Endemics, diversity, archaeological sites, protected areas, national monuments, vegetation types, vegetation cover, woody biomass, soils, rivers etc
- Contextual data: Infrastructure (electricity, water, mines, roads and railways, schools, health services, etc), land use and ownership, farming systems, towns and settlements, population density, climate, topography etc
- Other resources:
- Links to other useful websites and data
- Environmental impact and assessment materials
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental organisations
Major sets of information already available through the EIS
Data sets already available include:
- Atlas of Namibia data
- Bibliography of bird and biodiversity literature relevant to Namibia (mostly pre-2000)
- Maps from Namibia's Red Data Book of Birds
- Maps of all species from the Southern African Bird Atlas Project
- Maps of all species from the Namibian Tree Atlas Project
- The literature database and data sets assembled for the publication Okavango River: the flow of a lifeline. (2004). Mendelsohn, J.M. & El Obeid, S.
- Various reports and documents including Community Forest gazettes and management plans; Research Discussion Papers; journal articles etc
A large number of datasets have downloadable files associated with them. File types available for download are as follows.
N.B. This excludes kml and kmz files.